Green Meetings | meetL.A.
Los Angeles is often associated with red carpets, but the city is increasingly embracing green. Hotels throughout L.A. are leaders in green design, resulting in their recognition through Green Seal™ and LEED Certification. Enjoy your L.A. experience and go green by staying at a Green Seal certified hotel. Hotels with the Green Seal™ certification are leaders in sustainability and adhere to guidelines with an on-site audit. Find out more about eco-friendly hotels that will ensure your next stay in Los Angeles is a green one.
LACC is honored to be a LEED Gold certified facility and strives to reduce its environmental impact while providing a positive experience to clients and guests.
LACC's commitment to environmental stewardship has been recognized by numerous organizations, including the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the United States Green Building Council.
Green L.A. Hotels
Hotels throughout L.A. are leaders in green design, earning Green Seal™ and LEED Certification with energy-efficient lighting and HVAC systems, water-saving fixtures and recycling programs. The three levels under which lodging properties may apply for certification are as follows:
- Bronze: an entry level that contains essential leadership elements of a lodging operation.
- Silver: a more comprehensive level of required leadership operations.
- Gold: subsumes the second and adds additional criteria characterizing properties that are at the forefront of environmental leadership.
With a total of 6,800 guest rooms certified, L.A. has the most Green Seal-Certified hotel rooms of any major U.S. city. Learn more about L.A.'s hotels that have been certified by Green Seal™ in collaboration with the City of Los Angeles Green Lodging Program.
Other Green L.A. Initiatives
From farm-fresh local produce year-round, environmentally conscious stores and electric rental cars and charging stations, L.A.’s green-friendly businesses and activities truly make us the “Emerald City” of sustainability initiatives. Learn more about L.A.'s other green initiatives including:
- Green Event Venues
- Car Free L.A.
- LAX's commitment to reducing its carbon footprint
- Metro's initiatives for sustainable transportation
- The Green Port of Los Angeles
- More than 210,000 acres of natural open space in L.A.